Anyone can collect business cards – What’s Next?
• What are you going to do with the business cards you collect?
• How are you going to follow-up on these leads?
• Do you have a contact database so you can enter and organize the business cards you pick up?
• Do you have an effective way to organize them – alphabetically, by industry, by event?
• When do you follow up? The recommended time is within two days.
• How do you follow up? Do you send a thank you note, telephone call, mail for more information or email?
- When talking to someone about getting together, don’t say, we ought to get together sometime. This goes nowhere and never gets anything accomplished.
- Instead, say, I would like to schedule a time to get together with you.
- Pull out your day timer/palm and recommend a date and time you would like to get together and have an alternative date